We Have Moved — Again
We have moved to the Google Cloud. You may notice some pages are slower to load, this is due to the system creating new ‘thumb nails’ for the images. It should clear up after each page has been visited once.
And, as with most moves, some things have been lost along the way. As time permits, I will be restoring many of them and adding new items.
Where Have All the Seniors Gone
(Apologies to Pete Seeger)
When I started this website, “lo these many years ago”, I wanted to do two things. Firstly, a platform for travel information that I had trouble finding on other travel sites. Secondly, to have a place to experiment on different ideas on web design. (I am really a ‘coder’ first and ‘traveller second’)
Now, there are many more web sites targeting “boomers”. Unfortunately, they don’t fit how my wife and I like to travel.
Most ‘Boomer’ website feature :
- Cruises — we no longer take cruise
- Planned tours — we like to set our own agenda
- Luxury travel — we have a modest budget.
- For travellers age 50+ — my wife and I are 70+
The COVID Response
Living in a small city on a relatively small island has meant COVID has not had the impact here it has had in other locations. We have not gone into ‘full lockdown’, but have limited our shopping to bare essentials.
I hope to be able to travel again in 2022. Until then, I will be:
- Rebuilding this website to make it more relevant
- Updating articles on the places we have already visited
- Starting a ‘Bucket List’ of places visit once the we can get back to travelling.